Current PyGreSQL versions¶
- You can find PyGreSQL on the Python Package Index at
- The released version of the source code is available at
- You can also check the latest pre-release version at
- A Linux RPM can be picked up from
- A NetBSD package is available in their pkgsrc collection
- A FreeBSD package is available in their ports collection
- An openSUSE package is available through their build service at
- A Win32 installer for various Python versions is available at
News, Changes and Future Development¶
See the PyGreSQL Announcements for current news.
For a list of all changes in the current version 5.0 and in past versions, have a look at the ChangeLog.
The section on PyGreSQL Development and Support lists ideas for future developments and ways to participate.
|pgmodule.c||the C Python module (_pg)|
|pgtypes.h||PostgreSQL type definitions|
|py3c.h||Python 2/3 compatibility layer for the C extension|
|pg.py||the “classic” PyGreSQL module|
|pgdb.py||a DB-SIG DB-API 2.0 compliant API wrapper for PygreSQL|
the Python setup script
To install PyGreSQL, you can run “python setup.py install”.
|setup.cfg||the Python setup configuration|
The documentation has been created with Sphinx. All text files are in ReST format; a HTML version of the documentation can be created with the command “make html” or “gmake html”.
|tests/||a suite of unit tests for PyGreSQL|